WHAT IS VOTE BY MAIL (aka Absentee Voting)?
Voting by Mail is just what it sounds like! You get to submit your ballot through the mail, without having to go to the polls in person. It’s an easy, secure, and safe way of participating in our democracy.
Your completed Mail-In Ballot Request Form must be received by your County Board of Elections no later than 5:00 P.M. on Tuesday, October 27th — but the earlier the better! Go ahead and submit the form while you’re thinking about it!
HOW DO I VOTE BY MAIL?
Voting by Mail is easy! Here’s what you have to do:
Start by submitting a Mail-In Ballot Request form! This request form lets Election officials know they should send you a ballot for the 2020 election.
You can submit your Request Form lots of different ways! Pick the one that makes the most sense for you:
- 📧Through email: Complete the form and send it to your local County Board of Elections email*
- 📠 By fax: Complete the form and send it to your local County Board of Elections fax number*
- 📫Through the mail: Complete the form and mail it to your local County Board of Elections*
- 🙋In-person: Complete the form and drop it off at your local County Board of Elections*
*To find your County Board of Elections contact information and address click here.
After you submit your Mail-In Ballot Request Form, you just get to sit back and wait for your County Board of Elections to send your ballot to you!
Once you receive your ballot in the mail, fill it out!
- Fill out your ballot in the presence of 1 witness. Your witness can your roommate, your sibling, your mom, your neighbor, your friend, anyone, as long as they are 18 or older!
- Put your ballot back in the envelope they provide and fill out the information. Then you and your 1 witness will sign it.
- Once you’re done filling it out, put a stamp on it and return it to your local County Board of Elections!
- Your completed Ballot must be received by your County Board of Elections no later than 5:00 P.M. on Election Day: Tuesday, November 3rd.
- After that, you are all done! You have made your voice heard in this incredibly important election.
If you have any questions about Voting by Mail, please give our Voter Assistance Hotline a call at 1-833-868-3462!
Our team is standing by to help.