Register Online to Vote
In North Carolina, voters can register online to vote!
Register to Vote By Mail
North Carolina residents may use this application to register to vote or update name, address or party affiliation (Available in Spanish). After completion, mail the signed form to your county board of elections office.
How do I know if I’m Registered?
Use the NCSBE’s Voter Lookup Tool to see if you are on North Carolina’s voter rolls! If you’ve recently registered, it could take a few weeks for your information to be added to the voter rolls. If it’s been more than a few weeks or if your information is listed incorrectly, contact your county Board of Elections.
Can I register to vote?
- Are you a United States Citizen? If YES…
- Will you be 18 years or older by the next general election? If YES…
- Have you been a resident of your county for at least 30 days before the election you want to vote in? If YES…
Then you can register to vote! Print out this form and send it to your County Board of Elections!
During Early Vote, you can register and vote on the same day.
You can register and vote on the same day during North Carolina’s one-stop Early Voting period. Find the early voting site closest to you, make your plan, and go register and vote!
Already registered to vote?
Awesome! Now help us make sure your friends and neighbors go vote, too!
- Sign up if you want to volunteer
- Send an email to three friends and ask them to make their plan to vote early!
- Use our volunteer toolkit for graphics and other materials to get your friends registered!