To register to vote online
- Click the link and then click “Go to Voter Registration Application“
- Log in or create an account for the NCDMV’s portal
- Get out your driver’s license or state-issued ID card
- Fill out the form and submit it
- Easy as that!
If you don’t have a driver’s license or state-issued ID card, no worries!
Send your registration in the mail
- Print out one of the forms below
- Sign it
- Address it to your County Board of Elections
- Stick it in the mail
- You’re ready to vote!
Can I register to vote?
- Are you a United States Citizen? If YES…
- Will you be 18 years or older as of November 3rd, 2020? If YES…
- Have you been a resident of your county for at least 30 days before the election you want to vote in? If YES…
- Are you serving a sentence for a felony conviction (including probation or parole)? If NO…
How do I know if I’m Registered?
Use the NCSBE’s Voter Lookup Tool to see if you are on North Carolina’s voter rolls! If you’ve recently registered, it could take a few weeks for your information to be added to the voter rolls. If it’s been more than a few weeks or if your information is listed incorrectly, contact your county Board of Elections.
Can I register to vote in person?
Sure thing! Fill out this form and our team will be in touch to help you register to vote!
Or you can visit your local DMV, public library, high school, county Board of Elections, or a government social service office! Some organizations will also sponsor voter registration drives at local festivals, schools, and other events.