In recognition of Small Business Saturday, North Carolina Democratic Party Chair Bobbie Richardson released the following statement:
“Small businesses are the foundation of the American economy and are at the heart of what keeps America competitive. Not only do they create good-paying jobs, they enrich our lives and our communities. That’s why since taking office, President Biden and Democrats have put North Carolina small businesses at the forefront of their plan to bring our economy back and to build back better than before. President Biden’s American Rescue Plan delivered immediate relief to the small businesses that bore the brunt of the pandemic, and now, his Bipartisan Infrastructure Law and soon his Build Back Better Act, will continue to create opportunities for small business owners and workers. Democrats are delivering for small businesses because we understand that when they do well, our economy does too.”
As President, Joe Biden has put small businesses at the center of his economic agenda and recovery plan by:
- Extending the Paycheck Protection Program to help small businesses, and increasing access for minority- and women-owned businesses.
- CBS News: Biden signs PPP extension into law, moving application deadline to May 31
- Washington Examiner: Biden to boost small business PPP loan access
- Passing the American Rescue Plan, which included $28.6 billion in revitalization funds to help restaurants, benefitting tens of thousands of women- and veteran-owned small businesses.
- New York Times: Restaurants and Bars Rush to Apply for New Federal Aid Program
- Washington Examiner: SBA offers $28.6 billion restaurant revitalization fund
- Increasing the share of federal contracts for small disadvantaged businesses to help close the racial wealth gap.
- CNBC: Biden unveils new effort to narrow racial wealth gap as he commemorates Tulsa massacre
- Signing his Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal into law, which will create an array of opportunities for small businesses and help recruit workers.
- Inc.: How the $1 Trillion Infrastructure Deal Benefits Small Business
- Working to get his Build Back Better Act across the finish line, which will address many of the issues facing small business owners and their employees while helping level the playing field against large corporations.
- Forbes: Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal A Great Start: The Build Back Better Framework Could Further Lift Small Businesses