Today marks the six month anniversary of President Biden taking office and, thanks to his historic agenda, Democrats are delivering for American families and building back better than ever.
With checks in pockets, shots in arms, and huge middle-class tax cuts, hardworking American families are optimistic about the future and overwhelmingly support the President’s plans to continue building American back better. With results like that, it’s no wonder nearly 60% of Americans approve of President Biden’s job in office.
“After just six months in office: economic growth is up, unemployment is down, and America is roaring back thanks to President Biden’s leadership. With checks in pockets, shots in arms, and huge middle-class tax cuts, President Biden is delivering on his promises to the American people. And despite Republicans’ best efforts to block progress, Democrats are going to continue tackling the issues Americans care most about, from rebuilding America’s transportation infrastructure, reducing the cost of child care, to protecting the sacred right to vote.” said North Carolina Democratic Party Chair Bobbie Richardson.
Here’s a look at just a few of President Biden and Democrats’ accomplishments since taking office:
- COVID-19: The Biden administration has administered more than 315 million shots, a feat that has helped cut COVID-19 deaths by 92 percent since January.
- Tax Cuts: President Biden cut taxes for middle-class families with children, so that eligible families are now receiving up to a $3,600 tax credit per child.
- American Rescue Plan: President Biden and Democrats passed the American Rescue Plan to help fund vaccine deployment and economic rescue payments, which many called “the most significant legislation” in a generation. Experts say it will cut child poverty in half by next year.
- Checks: The Biden administration has delivered $1,400 checks to more than 169 million Americans.
- Jobs: The U.S. economy added more than three million jobs since President Biden took office, going from creating 60,000 jobs per month to 60,000 jobs every three days. 2021 is expected to be the strongest year for the economy in possibly seven decades.
- Infrastructure: President Biden and Democrats worked across the aisle and delivered on a campaign promise to secure a historic infrastructure deal that if passed, will create good-paying union jobs and position the United States to win the 21st century.
- Health Care: The Biden administration cut premiums for those who get health coverage from the Affordable Care Act; four in five now can get plans for $10/month. More than two million people have signed up for coverage during special enrollment.