As Congressman Budd attempts to tout his support for law enforcement, his voting record tells a different story. During his time in Congress, Budd voted against billions of dollars in funding for law enforcement.
- In 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021, Ted Budd voted against legislation that provided billions of dollars in funding for police, including millions for North Carolina law enforcement.
- In 2021, Congressman Budd voted against legislation to fund police departments despite Senators Tillis and Burr’s vote for it, which they called a “top priority” and an “essential and long overdue” package.
- With his votes against this legislation, Congressman Budd tried to stand in the way of:
- Over $24 million total allocated to law enforcement agencies in North Carolina.
- $750,000 in funding to hire and retain police for Graham, North Carolina – a city in Budd’s district.
- $7 million total to support efforts in North Carolina to combat the opioid crisis.