After 16 months of pandemic uncertainty, North Carolina is coming back together this July 4th thanks to President Biden and Democrats
North Carolina Democratic Party Democratic Party (NCDP) Chair Dr. Bobbie Richardson released the following statement:
“Happy Fourth of July to all North Carolinians. This Independence Day, thanks to the leadership of President Biden, Governor Cooper, and Democrats, and no thanks to the entire North Carolina Republican delegation, historic progress has been made to help North Carolina bounce back from COVID-19. While our road to recovery is not over, there’s no doubt that President Biden and Democrats’ American Rescue Plan is helping to get the pandemic under control, our economy back on track, and restore a sense of much-needed normalcy to our lives. Today, in a stark contrast to last year, we celebrate the freedom for North Carolina families to gather for cookouts, swim in neighborhood pools, and watch fireworks together. North Carolina is coming back.”
After just five months in office, President Biden has delivered for North Carolinians:
- COVID-19 cases are down 97% in North Carolina.
- COVID-19 deaths are down 82% in North Carolina.
- More than 4,499,000 adults with at least one vaccine dose.
- Unemployment dropped by 13.5 percent in May of 2020 to 4.8 percent in May of 2021, an 8.7 percent difference.
- 337,300 jobs added in North Carolina from May 2020 to May 2021.