May 1, 2019 / 8:00am-6:00pm / Wake / Community Events
Join us on May 1 for our day of action as we hit the streets of Raleigh in our sea of red. We will march for our students, our schools and communities as we advocate to make each of those better for the people of North Carolina!
This year’s demands are:
▪ Provide enough school librarians, psychologists, social workers, counselors, nurses, and other health professionals to meet national standards,
▪ Provide a $15 minimum wage for all school personnel, a 5% raise for *all* school employees and a 5% cost of living adjustment for retirees.
▪ Expand Medicaid to improve the health of our students and families.
▪ Reinstate state retiree health benefits for educators who will be hired after 2021.
▪ Restore extra pay for educators with advanced degrees such as a master’s degree.
May 4, 2019 / 12:00pm-4:00pm / Wake / Community Events, Training
On Saturday, May 4, citizens outraged by criminal justice disparities will reconvene to address meaningful justice reform policies and policy implementation.
Dawn Elsey Blagrove of the Carolina Justice Policy Center in Durham will provide Advocacy Training.
Meaningful change starts at the ballot box. Accountability starts with city council members, county commissioners, legislators at the NC General Assembly – Democrat, Republican, Unaffiliated, etc.
Accountability also starts with you. Let’s change the way business is conducted in the NC General Assembly, US House, and US Senate in your name.
May 10, 2019 / 11:30am-2:00pm / Pitt / Community Events, Fundraiser
All Democrats are invited to the 97th Annual Pierce-Spilman Fellowship Lunch on Friday, May 10th at the farm of Richard and former Democratic State Representative Marian McLawhorn!
Fellowship with other Democrats and celebrate the causes we believe in. Join Democratic elected officials, state and local party officers, supporters, and friends. Bring your spouse, children, neighbors, co-workers, and employees. All are welcome!
Lunch is $15.00/plate (cash only) and includes barbeque, fried fish, southern sides, dessert, and more!
11:30AM-Noon: Registration and Fellowship
Noon-12:30PM: Quick Program