The Bipartisan Infrastructure Framework is the biggest long-term investment in our country’s infrastructure in almost a century
The historic proposal will help the nation compete and win for a generation to come
Help is here for North Carolina’s crumbling infrastructure: President Biden’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Framework will fix roads, bridges, broadband access and more across the Tar Heel state and improve the lives of millions of North Carolinians while creating jobs along the way.
- Repair and rebuild 1,460 bridges and over 3,116 miles of highway in poor condition across the state by providing more than $312 billion, including $110 billion for roads, bridges and other projects, to transform our nation’s transportation infrastructure.
- Improve healthy, sustainable transportation options for North Carolinians who spend an extra 59.9% of their time commuting by modernizing public transit with a $48.5 billion investment and invest $66 billion in passenger and freight rail nationwide.
- Prepare more of our infrastructure for the impacts of climate change, cyber attacks, and extreme weather events – which North Carolina has spent $50 billion to repair damages from 42 extreme weather events from 2010-2020 – by providing $47 billion across the country to improve the resiliency of our infrastructure and support recovery from disaster.
- Provide a $55 billion investment to ensure clean, safe drinking water nationwide to counter the $16.8 billion North Carolina’s drinking water infrastructure will need in additional funding over the next 20 years.
- Connect the 6.5% of North Carolinians who live in areas where there is no broadband infrastructure and 56.3% of North Carolinians who live in areas with one internet provider by investing $65 billion to bring universal, reliable, high-speed and affordable coverage to all Americans.