North Carolina Democratic Party (NCDP) Chair Bobbie Richardson released the following statement on the one year anniversary of the Biden-Harris administration:
“This time last year, North Carolina was battling multiple crises along with the rest of our country – a global pandemic at its height, an economy in a tailspin, and a deep political divide across our country and state following an attack on American democracy at our nation’s capital. Three hundred and sixty-five days later, North Carolinians are seeing the results of the Biden-Harris administration’s hard work to tackle these crises head-on.
“Within a matter of weeks of taking office, President Biden and Democrats worked to immediately address our country and state’s health and economic crises by passing the American Rescue Plan – bringing critical relief for North Carolina families by providing cities, schools, and businesses the resources they needed to prevent our economy from shutting down.
“Thanks to President Biden, our economy is also on its way to recovery. When the President took office, the unemployment rate in North Carolina was 5.9%. Today, it’s 3.9%. Legislation like the passage of the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law will continue to build upon this record economy recovery – creating jobs to repair and rebuild our roads and bridges, expand high-speed internet access, and execute public transit projects that will make our state more equitable for all.
“With the 2022 midterms around the corner, we’ll make sure North Carolinians know that the Biden-Harris administration is delivering major wins for our state. Democrats are energized and ready to build on the President’s accomplishments by flipping North Carolina blue in November.”
North Carolinians read all about the Biden-Harris administration’s accomplishments in their local papers over the last year:
- ABC11: Day care centers in line for financial help as North Carolina gets $805 million from US government
- News & Observer: US House passes Biden’s infrastructure plan. Here’s how NC will benefit.
- News & Observer: The lame excuses NC Republicans had for opposing the infrastructure bill
- News & Observer: Here’s what NC individuals, families and governments can expect from COVID relief bill
- WFMY: Money from the American Rescue Plan could go toward revitalizing North Wilkesboro Speedway
- WRAL: Plenty of NC projects to benefit from infrastructure package
- WNCT: Local ENC city to see impacts from Biden’s Infrastructure Bill
- WLOS: Broadband expansion plans draw praise from WNC leaders