North Carolina Association of Educators Day of Action — March for Public Education
About this Event
Join us on May 1 for our day of action as we hit the streets of Raleigh in our sea of red. We will march for our students, our schools and communities as we advocate to make each of those better for the people of North Carolina!
This year’s demands are:
▪ Provide enough school librarians, psychologists, social workers, counselors, nurses, and other health professionals to meet national standards,
▪ Provide a $15 minimum wage for all school personnel, a 5% raise for *all* school employees and a 5% cost of living adjustment for retirees.
▪ Expand Medicaid to improve the health of our students and families.
▪ Reinstate state retiree health benefits for educators who will be hired after 2021.
▪ Restore extra pay for educators with advanced degrees such as a master’s degree.
North Carolina Legislative Building
16 West Jones Street
Raleigh, North Carolina 27603
Date & TimeMay 1, 2019